Scoring Features, Part Extraction, and MIDI Playback Keep You in Control
Whether you play directly into Encore or transcribe your MIDI files, you get accurate
notation and beautiful printouts every time. You can extract parts, transpose for
different instruments, and play your music as you originally conceived it. Encore
graphically displays and plays back dynamic marks, repeats, multiple endings, pedal marks,
or any MIDI controller.
Flexible Page Layout and Guitar Tablature Expand Your Options
Encore scores can be fine-tuned with a simple move of the mouse. On-screen palettes let
you enter dozens of marks and symbols. Lyrics and text are easily added. Powerful features
such as page layout control, TrueType® and PostScript® support, polyphonic part voicing,
and editable expressions palettes provide an inexhaustible set of capabilities for
presenting your music on paper. Instantly transcribe your music into guitar tablature with
correct fingering and guitar fret diagrams.
Computer Speed, Professional Results
When you put aside your pencil and staff paper and compose and arrange your music with
Encore, you achieve a new level of professionalism and productivity. Encore has become the
musician's choice in notation software because it allows you to create and publish
everything from simple lead sheets to symphonies in less time and with more control.
- Tollbar now displays all tools
- Preroll click option
- New Score Wizard
- Over 30 Templates and unlimited user created
- Transposed or "C" score option.
- Beginning measure number offset
- Preset Tab tunings option
- Added menu items
- Auto Spacing when dragging notes, barlines and
- Enhanced MIDI playback
- Garritan Personal Studio ready
- Simplified Accidentals option
- More shortcuts
- Music XML import and export (lyrics and chord symbols are not yet supported in Encore's XML)
- Full DLS and Soundfont support
- Handwritten Music Style option
- Bonus - Hundreds of works by J.S. Bach formatted
in Encore, ready to use
- Insert MIDI data for dynamics, controller data,
- Customizable Toolbar for quick access to
frequently used commands.
- Zoom in and out for precise control.
- Expressions palette allows you to save your own
expressions in any font, size, or style.
- Guitar tablature symbols palette contains all the
markings and symbols needed for notating tab.
- Slur a group of notes automatically or draw slurs
with the pencil tool.
- Place objects anywhere on the page by clicking
- Select regions, pages, staves, systems, or the
entire score for editing.
- Transposition automatically affects chord symbols
and fret diagrams.
- Key commands to change note durations, sharps,
flats, naturals, enharmonics, and MIDI velocity.
- Transpose, change key signatures, meters, and
clefs at any time.
- Display and play back nested repeat structures,
including variable bar lines and multiple endings.
- Easily cut, copy, paste, clear, insert, delete,
or undo notes or sections of music.
- Symbols include: notes, rests, accidentals,
slurs, ties, grace notes, cue notes, tuplets, accents, marks, ornaments, ottava, and
- Adjust the height and angle of beams and create
- Justify spacing for both accidental collisions
and proper timing alignment.
- Split notes from one staff onto two staves,
either by pitch or voice.
- Select from eight note-head types, including
Gregorian and percussion.
- Automatically extract parts with control over
lyrics and markings.
- Enter text or lyrics anywhere on the page in any
font, size, or style, including dashes and melisma.
Composition and Transcription Features
- Notate scores as large as 64 staves per system
with up to eight voices per staff.
- Cross-staff beaming extends beams across staves
for multi-staff instruments.
- Guitar tablature automatically notates tablature
for up to 8 strings in any tuning with definable fret position.
- Percussion staff notates rhythms with multiple
note heads and assignable staff position.
Note duration and multiple voices are automatically "guessed" and then beamed
- Auto spacing automatically spaces notes for easy
- Additional symbols for rhythm-part chord slashes,
arpeggio sign and fingering numbers.
Insert or delete measures, pages, systems or staves anytime, anywhere in the composition.
- Transcribes Master Tracks Pro, Standard MIDI and
Music XML (lyrics and chord symbols are not yet supported in Encore's XML).
- Directly transcribes live input from MIDI
instruments and MIDI sofware in real time.
Linear view allows an entire score to be viewed as one system.
- Add guitar chord fret diagrams and chord names to
your scores and lead sheets.
Easily add a pickup measure to your score.
MIDI Performance Features
- Plays back MIDI interpretations of dynamics,
hairpins, repeats, endings, and articulations.
- Sustain pedal markings affect MIDI.
- Swing quantization gives music a swing feel.
- Tempo indications can affect playback.
- Assign up to 8 separate voices on each staff for
playback over different MIDI channels.
- Align the playback to match the current graphic
appearance of your music.
- Encore recognizes and generates MIDI Song
Position Pointer and MIDI Clocks for syncing.
- Select any number of MIDI devices
- Hear notes play over MIDI as you enter them with
- MIDI Panic Button sends an "all notes
off" message at any time.
- Mac and Windows version share same format, files
are transfer-able between platforms.
- Windows Soundcard compatible
- Supports Industry Standard MIDI and Music XML
Files (XML not working perfect at this time - lyrics and chord symbols are not yet supported in Encore's XML)
Page Layout and Printing Features
- Choose between engraver's spacing and
mathematically perfect alignment of notes.
- Measures of rest can be compressed into one
- User can define global spacing defaults of
staves, clefs, lyrics, chords, key, and meter.
- Reminder time signatures can be displayed or
- Use any font in your system for text, lyrics,
chords, staff names, and measure numbers.
- Place headers and footers on each page.
- Print an entire score, individual pages, or